Construction of Overhead Tanks
Storage reservoirs and over head tanks are used to store water or any other similar liquid. Design of liquid retaining tank must be based on avoiding crack in concrete having regard to its tensile strength.We classified Overhead Tanks based on shape.
• Circular Tanks
• Rectangular Tanks
• Spherical Tanks
• Circular Tanks with conical BottomAdvantages of Plastic Water Tanks:
• It is a leak proof.
• It is rust proof as compared to RCC water tank.
• It is more hygienic as it is watertight.
• It is less expensiveAdvantages of Concrete Water Tanks:
• It is more durable water tank.
• IF properly maintained. It can last many years.
• It is easy to clean.
• It keeps water cold and clean